Saturday 5 September 2015

DC Eats: Buredo (& loves it)

I'm a fan of fusion food. I love when a brilliant chef takes the best elements of one cuisine and marries it with another. Probably my all-time favorite is Mexican-Asian fusion.

Before DC, I lived in Rexburg, Idaho. In that town there are four Subways (I imagine a fifth and sixth have been constructed since I left a year ago, but I haven't confirmed that with anyone). I don't know why there was a need for four, but that should give you an idea of the food scene I came from. When I moved to DC, I felt like I had arrived in the promised land and I was right. Recently I was able to try the newest fusion item, the sushirito. Even more happily, I was joined by my best friend Rachel.

825 14th St. NW
Washington DC




Rachel ate the beatrix and I ate the sofie. I loved my sushi-burrito so much. They made it in front of us and it was so quick! I have never been served sushi that fast! It was so tasty and I could not get enough of the sriracha mayo. The only sad part is that I didn't noticed they had basil lemonade until after I had ordered and already opened my drink :( I guess I will just need to go back!

I also really loved the cool DC inspired artwork on the walls. The store is small, so depending on when you go, you may have to eat outside in McPherson Square.


No comments:

Post a Comment