Monday 5 October 2015

National Museum of the Marine Corps

Last weekend when we went to Monticello, we also stopped by the National Museum of the Marine Corps. When the hubs had his internship over the summer, his group took at trip down to the Marine Corps Museum, but didn't have enough time to see everything. The hubs is one of those I-like-to-read-the-signs at the museum, so when his group only spent an hour at the museum that was just not enough for him and he told me that we would be back. He found the perfect opportunity when we drove back from Charlottesville.

Outside and around the museum is the Semper Fidelis Memorial Park with tons of really cool statues to various marine regiments/battalions/platoons/squads and it was a nice walk.





I had no idea that dogs could be marines!



Inside the museum was super cool. I really liked how there were all of these mannequins and large displays. I didn't read many of the signs, just walked through and enjoyed the large scale models.







This is the flag that flew at Iwo Jima in 1945.



This room was from the Vietnam War and had the heater up to simulate Vietnam. There was another room for the Korean War that was absolutely positively freezing. It was really neat how they tried to make it so realistic.



 On my list of jobs-I-would-like-but-how-does-any-one-get-them is making giant statues out of legos. How cool would it be to just play with legos all day making replicas of the Marine Corps Monument. If anyone has leads about that, definitely please let me know.


Sometimes he looks happy to be in pictures with me. Especially after 3 hours in the museum.



2 comments:

  1. I love the last picture of you guys! Also Ben's shirt is awesome haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think jobs at Lego are top secret. Everyone's dream job next to playing golf and winning 💰💰💰💰💰💰

    ReplyDelete