Thursday 1 October 2015

Foode: A Wonderful Experience

Over the weekend we went to visit Fredericksburg because my father-in-law spent time there as a mormon missionary. For dinner we decided to go to Foode because it had the highest Yelp! reviews and the chef had been on Top Chef.

The restaurant had a really neat alley way leading to it, which may cause some to miss it. When we pulled up to the address, all we could see was a yoga store.


 These umbrellas were so cute. I really hope that someday I have a long entrance leading to my front door and I can hang umbrellas too :) If it wasn't raining, I would have loved this outside seating.


At Foode, you order and then you are seated. They have drink stations through the restaurant so that you can refill whenever you need. I ordered a strawberry lemonade and LOVED the sugar rim. Why don't all drinks come with a sugar rim?



I had the italian sausage and polenta and it was incredible. I had never had polenta before and it made me want to eat it every single day. The tomato sauce was the best tomato sauce I have ever had. If they sold it in bottles, I would have bought 20.

I took pictures of everyone's food since it was all delicious. Unfortunately I didn't get to taste everyone's food, but I did try some fries and they were great. They impressed this Idaho crowd who know their potatoes.


All-natural, hormone-free local timber creek farms beef, tomato jam, provolone, arugula pesto, and benton's bacon.


All-natural, free-range chicken, with pimento bbq and finished with smoked honey.


Char-grilled pork chop served over black and wild fried rice, egg, and chopped summer veggies.

I don't know why people normally visit Fredericksburg, but Foode is there and that is a good enough reason for a visit according to me.

3 comments:

  1. All your food posts always have my mouth watering. I'll definitely have to go here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best at finding great places to eat. Both restaurants she chose while we were there just knocked my socks off. Definitely letting you be in charge of eating plans whenever we're together.

    ReplyDelete